If carving a pumpkin is not your idea of a good time your in luck, I have two great no carve pumpkin decorating ideas that require very little supplies and time. The first is a monogrammed knit design. This technique is easy, mess free and very easy to personalize. If you don’t want a monogrammed design you can trace in shapes or stripes, use different yarn colors - the possibilities are endless!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A marker or pen to outline your initial (or a stencil if needed)
- Make sure you clean and dry your pumpkin before starting
- Outline your design
- Lightly tap your nails into the pumpkin
- Tie a knot on the first nail and start zip-zagging to fill in the monogram (add more nails in between to fill in any gaps)
- When finished tie another knot around the last nail.
The second is a stripe and chevron design. It's colorful and will brighten up your entryway.
Here is what you’ll need:
- Washi Tape (I used Scotch Expressions Washi Tape)
- Craft Pipe Cleaner
- Paint if you want
- Make vertical stripes no need to measure the pumpkin has natural ridges you can follow.
- With an alternating washi tape color cut strips to form a V. Use the pumpkin’s natural ridge as a baseline for the center.
- When your done wrap a craft pipe cleaner around the stem.