Thanks to Carter's for sponsoring our post on holiday traditions! Did you know there is a delicious treat Santa loves more than cookies? It's true! Santa LOVES Oreo Truffles!
After the kids write their letters to Santa, we fill up a plate of Oreo Truffles for the big guy just to ensure the girls get everything on their Christmas list.
Oreo Truffles have been a staple on our holiday dessert table for about the last five years. Friends said we had to try them and with the first bite, we were hooked! Oreo Truffles can be made with different types of chocolate and sprinkles to really fit any occasion. Here is how we make Oreo Truffles for the holidays.
What you'll need:
- 1 package of Oreos (NOT Double Stuff, we use Reduced Fat to make ourselves feel better.)
- 1 block of cream cheese (again we use reduced fat)
- 3 packages of Bakers' chocolate or Almond Bark
- Parchment Paper
- Use a mixer to get Oreos to the consistency of dirt.
- Add in the cream cheese and mix to the consistency of mud.
- Put the 'dough' in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. It needs to chill so it is easier to work with when the chocolate is warm.
- Melt Bakers' Chocolate/Almond Bar according to directions.
- One at a time, take a small amount of chilled dough and roll it into a ball. Using a small spoon, put the dough into the melted chocolate and, we say, give it a bath.
- After dough is completely covered in chocolate, set on parchment paper and decorate immediately. Once the chocolate hardens you will not be able to add sprinkles.
- Chill the finished truffles until ready to serve. Oreo Truffles freeze really well and can be pulled out in small batches and brought to holiday events.
How could Santa resist?
What else is good enough to eat in these photos? The girls in their kids holiday pi's! The kids have had many versions of Carter's Christmas pajamas over the years. They love them so much, they stay in rotation all winter long.
Help deliver 1 million good nights by donating to the PJ Program online, and Carter’s will match all customer PJ donations up to 100,000 pajamas! No purchase necessary. Carter’s is a proud partner with Pajama Program, a national organization that provides new PJs and books to children in need, many waiting and hoping to be adopted. Carter’s is joining their nationwide One Million Good Nights initiative to collect 1 million new PJs and books for children in need by the end of 2015.
Carter’s partnered with bloggers such as me to help promote the Carter’s Holiday Network. As part of the program, I received product or gift cards. Carter’s believes that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words, and therefore did not tell me what to purchase or what to say about the products I used. Carter’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines and social media engagement recommendations. The winner of any giveaway in this program will be randomly chosen and gift card fulfillment will be handled by a third party.