This conversation is sponsored by Reading Eggs.
My son, Dylan, turned 5 in June. Since he has a summer Birthday, I was worried if he was ready for Kindergarten or not. In our school district Kindergarten is only half day. My thought was always "What will he do the rest of the day?" We did decided send him to Kindergarten this year and he has been doing well. I have found classes for him a few days a week that keep him busy and supplement his education. Literacy is very important to me and I want to make sure I am supporting Dylan and doing everything I can at home to encourage him to read. As a mom I want to teach both my kids that reading can be easy and fun! Reading Eggs helps make learning to read engaging and fun. You can sign up for a 4 week free trial from now until February 28, 2015.
Reading Eggs makes learning to read interesting and engaging for kids, with great online reading games and activities. And it really works! Children love the games, songs, golden eggs, and other rewards, which, along with feeling proud of their reading, really motivate children to keep exploring and learning. Dylan's competitive side came out as he saw his number go up on his egg! It encouraged him to continue and finish his lesson. Reading Eggs has put a lot of effort into making children want to keep using the program without having to be pushed by the parent or teacher.
Reading Eggs is a website for children 3-13 years that uses games, songs, golden eggs, and other rewards to make learning to read interesting and fun.
The program features:
- My Lessons: This is the heart of Reading Eggs – 120 reading lessons that travel through 12 exciting maps. Your child can repeat lessons to reinforce essential reading skills.
- My House: Your child can change the appearance of their avatar, play arcade games, read Story Factory stories they have written, and view their awards and critters. Your child can decorate their house with their purchases from Reggie’s shop.
- Skills Bank: Includes 96 carefully graded spelling lessons to develop your child’s spelling skills in a progressive sequence. Each lesson focuses on a 12 word-spelling list.
- Driving Test Centre: This section consists of 45 tests covering sight words, phonics skills, and content-area vocabulary. When your child gets enough questions correct, they are rewarded with a racing car game.
- Puzzle Park: Your child can complete 32 word puzzles that develop a range of reading skills.
- Arcade: Contains 24 fun arcade games that your child can play using their golden eggs.
- Reggie’s Store: Your child can change the look of their avatar and house by purchasing accessories with their golden eggs.
- Storylands: Contains 20 lessons, 140 activities, 20 wonderful books and heaps of rewards! Perfect for the child who has mastered their Reading Eggs lessons and is able to read short books. Storylands tests many of the reading and comprehension skills needed for school.
- Music Café: Brings together 62 Reading Eggs songs in one central location. Your child can sing, dance, and enjoy songs from their favorite lessons and characters.
- Story Factory: Provides a step-by-step guide to writing a story. Your child can choose their own illustrations and access word and sentence suggestions to help write their story. They can also enter a weekly story writing competition.
- My World: Is a world of fun where your child can visit 10 destinations. My World is available after completion of lesson 30.
- Eggy Bank: Your child can earn Golden Eggs by completing activities. These Eggs can be used in the Arcade and Reggie’s Shop.
- The Playroom: Includes over 170 activities and books. This virtual playroom is where young children can play with music, pictures, puzzles, and much more.
- My Avatar: Children can create their own unique online character with customized features and accessories.
- My Stuff: Children can view their certificates and their collection of cute critters earned for completing lessons.
Get your child reading with a 4 week Reading Eggs trial!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Reading Eggs.