On March 1st I received an invitation to the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration at Disney World. My family had been planning a trip to Disney World (in our heads) for years. Mia had been to Disney World when she was 2 but we had not stayed on property. In fact the kids and I had never stayed at a Disney property.
My husband and I decided that the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration was the perfect opportunity for our family. We kept the trip a surprise for 2 months! It was one of the hardest things we have ever done. Keeping the surprise from the kids got even harder and more complicated to keep when we had to pack up suitcases. We sent the kids to school on a Wednesday morning just like any other day. While they were gone, we finished packing and we packed up the Mickey Mouse suitcase we received from American Tourister for our trip. I picked both of them up before lunch and told them they had a dentist appointment. We stopped home for lunch first....
The kids were beyond excited and we were officially ready for our Disney vacation to begin! I will admit that we put off planning a Disney vacation for years because it overwhelmed me. I learned a lot about Disney World while we were at the conference. We will be sharing more about our Disney trip in future posts. Today I will share 6 tips I learned while at Disney World.
1. Take a flight to Orlando the afternoon or evening before your first full day. It may cost more money but a good night sleep before your trip begins is important (you could always stay at a hotel near the airport to save money). This will allow you to hit the ground running, first thing in the morning.
2. Buy or pack Disney shirts for your kids prior to going on vacation. It doesn't matter the age of the child, they all enjoy wearing Disney apparel at their favorite parks. You may not be into character shirts at home but its a must have while at Disney.
3. When you plan out your day, think about your family. We loved going to the parks in the morning and ending our day at the pool. It would be impossible to keep my kids away from the gorgeous Yacht and Beach Club pool!
Most resorts offer daily (free) activities. Make sure you get the schedule of those activities when you arrive at the resort.
The Little Style File kids enjoyed watching Lilo & Stich on the beach one night. It was both relaxing and fun. We truly felt like we were at a Beach resort. You can even see the fireworks from both Hollywood Studios and Epcot from the beach at the resort.
4. If you are going to Disney World in the near future, stop what you are doing and download the My Disney Experience App! I used this app for planning purposes and we used it daily while we were at Disney. You can track wait times, schedule your fast passes, access your reservations, view maps, look at your memory maker photos and more!
5. Invest $149 and buy memory maker. You will thank me later. These photos are priceless. The photos are taken at every park, by professionals and show your family experiencing true happiness together! That means mom is actually in the photo! I already plan to order several canvases using our memory maker photos. (We will share more about memory maker in a future post)
We have been home for a week and our entire family is still dreaming of Disney World! We are not sure when we will be back but we can't wait to experience the Magic again! Stay tuned for more highlights from The Little Style File's trip to Disney!